MEREDITH PLACE VETERINARY EMERGENCY HOSPITAL
Emergency Veterinary Services
MVER is a small after-hours-only veterinary emergency room that originally opened in 2008, serving the Lakes Region, White Mountains, Mount Washington Valley, Great North Woods, and beyond.
MVER provides high-quality emergency, urgent, and convenience care. If your pet requires specialty services (ex. specialty ultrasound, endoscopy, neurology, internal medicine, advanced surgery, etc) or prolonged hospitalization or critical care, we will work to stabilize your pet and provide information to facilitate transfer to an advanced care facility elsewhere in NH, MA or ME.
During our regular business hours, animals are seen on a medical priority basis, allowing those with more life-threatening injuries or illnesses to be treated first. We encourage phone calls to make our staff aware of a patients' expected arrival. Visiting hours for in-patients are at the discretion of the attending veterinarian.
What to Expect During Your Curbside Visit to MVER
Since the beginning of 2021 we are routinely seeing double or triple the number of patients than in any previous year we have been open. Unfortunately, this may result in longer wait times, especially for urgent or convenience care patients. We appreciate your patience as we provide high-quality individualized care to each and every patient we see.
- MVER has operated without interruption throughout the COVID pandemic and is continuing curbside service and requiring all clients entering the building to be wearing properly fitted facial coverings.
- Please REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE when you arrive at MVER.
- Call us at 603-279-1117 to alert us of your arrival and tell us which parking space you are in.
- We only have one door for entrance and departure. We are limiting our lobby to only one masked client at a time. There may be a short wait while we coordinate client movement in or out of the building.
- If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask, a staff member will come to your vehicle to retrieve your pet.
- When we are ready to evaluate your pet, we will call you and have ONE masked person bring them into the lobby and we will provide you with registration paperwork. Return to your vehicle to complete your registration paperwork and place it in the designated basket on the front door upon completion. Once your pet is inside the building, expect a call from a staff member shortly to obtain a thorough history.
- You will receive a call from the doctor to discuss the physical examination findings and any recommendations for diagnostics and/or treatments. Estimated wait times to speak to the doctor include:
- Emergency/Critical Care: 5 to 15 minutes
- Urgent Care: 30 to 90 minutes
- Convenience Care: 1 to 3 hours
- If your pet requires euthanasia, we allow up to TWO masked people to be present inside the exam room for the procedure.
GENERAL VISIT INFORMATION
- Potentially life-threatening emergencies will be brought into the building immediately.
- Emergency/Critical Care patients include respiratory distress/difficulty breathing, non-productive retching, collapse, active seizures, trauma (hit by a car, etc), inability to urinate, heatstroke, etc.
- Urgent or Convenience Care patients are brought inside the building for initial evaluation within 15 minutes of the arrival phone call. If your pet has not been brought into the building with 30 minutes, please call us again. If the condition of your pet worsens while you are waiting, please call us again.
- Urgent Care patients include vomiting, diarrhea, porcupine quills, allergic reactions, lacerations, bite wounds, etc.
- Convenience Care patients include lameness/limping, ear infections, urinary tract infections, skin disorders, broken toenails, etc.
- PLEASE KEEP YOUR CELL PHONE ON YOU AT ALL TIMES AND AVOID MAKING ANY OTHER PHONE CALLS DURING THIS TIME. Inability to contact you immediately may delay your pet's care.
- You will be provided with an estimated cost for all recommended services which requires your authorization prior to any of these services being performed. We accept cash, credit cards, Care Credit and Scratch Pay. We do not accept checks. We do not bill or make payment plans.
We thank you for your patience as we do our best to care for your pets during these unprecedented times.
Veterinary Referral Services
- Internal Medicine
- Neurology (in-house MRI)
- Critical Care & ER
- Radiology / Diagnostic Imaging